IntraSystem Loan Guidelines
What is IntraSystem Loan (ISL)?
- The purpose of IntraSystem Loan is to obtain books and materials needed for research for University of Hawaii at Manoa students, faculty, and staff from other University of Hawaii System libraries when those materials are not available at UH Manoa.
- If the materials are NOT held at another UH System library, use Interlibrary Services.
How Long Does It Take?
- Photocopies of journal articles and book loans: 5 working days (average) plus transit time.
How Much Does It Cost?
- Books loans and filled document requests (journal articles, book chapters, etc.)vare provided at no charge.
- Filled media requests are $3 each (except UHM faculty, students and staff
NOT residing on the island of Oahu)
Who May Use the IntraSystem Loan?
- University of Hawaii at Manoa students, faculty and staff.
How Do I Make ISL Requests?
- Search the UH Libraries' online catalog Hawaii Voyager.
- Make sure that the full record for the item displays.
- If the needed research materials are NOT available (not owned, checked out, lost, missing, at bindery, etc.) at the UH Manoa Libraries (Hamilton and Sinclair), click the Request button at the top of the page.
- Select UH Manoa IntraSystem Loan form from the drop-down menu.
- Follow the instructions provided on the form.
How Will I Know My ISL Request Is Ready for Pickup?
- You will be notified by email.
Where Do I Pick Up Book Loans
- Book loans may be picked up only at the UHM Hamilton Library Circulation.
How Do I Receive Filled Document Requests?
How Can I Obtain More Information about IntraSystem Loan?
Send an email message to email@example.com.
Back to top of page