Guidelines for Renewing Library Items
Read the guidelines below.
Then renew via the Your Account function in Hawai'i Voyager.
- When items may be renewed
- Items that may be renewed
- Items that may not be renewed
- Circumstances that may block the renewal of an item
- How the Hawai'i Voyager system indicates when an item has
- Your responsibilities
1. When items may be renewed
Items may be renewed at any time.
2. Items that may be renewed
Most books and some other kinds of library materials may be renewed if no
other borrower has requested them.
3. Items that may NOT be renewed
Items from Sinclair Library Reserves (3rd floor) may NOT be renewed electronically.
Items borrowed via Interlibrary Service (Hamilton Library 1st floor) may NOT be
4. Circumstances that may block the renewal of an item
- The item has been requested by another borrower.
- You are blocked from borrowing for non-payment of fines or another reason.
- Your borrower's card has expired or needs to be reregistered.
- You have reached the renewal limit for your borrower status.
5. How the Hawai'i Voyager system indicates when an item has been renewed
- Select the items you wish to renew by checking the box next to each title
in the column labelled "Renew?" and clicking on the RENEW ITEMS button
- A new due date will display in the RENEWAL STATUS column on the far right
of the screen. Please print this screen as a confirmation receipt.
- Write in the new due date on the date due slip in the back of the item. Renew online via the Your Account function in Hawai'i
- The screen with Your Account information will also indicate if any of the items were
NOT renewed by displaying the words NOT RENEWED in red. The words "NOT RENEWED"
will only display during that session. The only other indication that an item
was not renewed will be an UNchanged due date in the Item Status column. Please
return such items to the Library as soon as possible.
6. Your responsibilities
The library is not responsible for lost, tardy, or misdirected e-mail or computer
malfunctions. If renewing online via the Your Account function in Hawai'i
Voyager an item is renewed only if a new due date appears next to the title
when the screen is reloaded/revisited. Items which are NOT renewed are subject
to fines for late return.
Back to top of page