Cooke Field

JOSEPH PLATT COOKE The original Cooke Field was located on the makai side of Campus Road. Hemenway Hall (completed in 1939) and Sinclair Library (completed in 1956) would later occupy Cooke Field, which moved in 1937 to the site where Holmes Hall (completed in 1972) stands, and then to its present location in the Quarry. The original field was built in 1915, with funds from its namesake, Joseph P. Cooke, president of Alexander and Baldwin at that time.

Aerial view, 1929
University Archives

* Kobayashi, Victor N. Building a Rainbow (Hui o Students, University of Hawaii at Manoa, 1983)


Return to Building/Names List
UH Manoa | UH System