Metadata Profile for Omeka
Metadata for all resources must include these elements
- Date - Date of the original resource
- Description - Free text account of the content of the digital object including the concepts, people, places, and events depicted.
- Rights - Rights
- Title - Name of the resource
- Type - Nature of the resource
Mandatory, if applicable
If you have the information, you must include it
- Contributor - An entity responsible for making contributions to the content of the resource
- Creator - An entity primarily responsible for the intellectual or artistic content of the resource.
- Language - Language of the resource
Provide this information if it is available and relevant
- Contributor identifier(s) - A unique URI in a recognized database that represents the contributor
- Contributor role - The relationship between the contributor and the resource.
- Creator identifier(s) - A unique URI in a recognized database that represents the creator
- Creator role - The relationship between the contributor and the resource.
- Digital specifications - Technical information about the hardware, software, and processes used to create the digitized resource.
- Extent - Size or duration of analog resource
- Geographic location - Geographic aspects of the content of the resource
- Identifier - An unambiguous reference to the resource within a given context
- Medium - The material or physical carrier of the resource.
- Provenance - A statement of any changes in ownership and custody of the resource since its creation that are significant for its authenticity, integrity, and interpretation.
- Publisher - An entity responsible for making the digital resource available
- Rights Holder - A person or organization owning or managing rights over the resource.
- Source - Identifier(s) for analog original, e.g., ISBN, LCCN
- Subject - Topic of the resource
- Time period - Date or date range of the content/subject matter of the resource
- Style Guidelines - Guide for punctuation, capitalization, diacritics and more.
- Batch Upload Instructions - Guide for filling in a batch upload spreadsheet template.